Sunday, October 15, 2017

Pride of the Nevada Northern - Dirt!

No, I'm not talking about the stuff you walk on or curse for having to constantly keep out of your vehicle.  I am talking about the "unofficial" official mascot of the Nevada Northern Railway Museum.  For a few years now, the shop cat known as Dirt has wandered through the shops greeting visitors and shop crew alike.  Unlike some of the shop cats that have wandered these hallowed grounds in the past, Dirt is very personable and loves attention from whomever will give it to him.


I went down to the shops on October 15, 2017 to check on the status of the rebuild of engine 93 (more on that at another time).  While talking with the shop crew about the current progress, Dirt came out for a visit.  This wasn't my first encounter with him, and I know it certainly won't be my last.  You touch him once, you are a friend for life!


- Matt Liverani


This is how I was greeted by Dirt on my shop visit today.

Dirt strikes a pose!

After I had spent a few minutes petting Dirt, he let me
know he wasn't quite done with me

Now the right side...

Under the chin, and done...

No comments:

Post a Comment